Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Being a Meadow.

 We are having a school quiz night coming up soon, the theme being "Walk on the Wild Side". I have decided that my wild side is a meadow and am going to cover myself in in fake wild flowers. 
 I bought a selection of flowers yesterday and the boys were highly entertained by them.
 So satisfying to make a posy from...
 Or eat?
I am also going to make lots of these butterflies. I found the pattern here and am becoming slightly obsessed with them. They are so much fun to make.
The only thing is, I have lost a few already as they are not tame and do tend to fly away.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

7 comments:

  1. I love that butterfly pattern - it's fun and sweet and quick, isn't it.

    When I first saw those bunches of flowers I was feeling "slightly" jealous to think you'd picked them all from your garden. Actually, you probably could have - so I'm feeling jealous again!
    xxx
    (also, give Stef a kiss from me. I owe her a letter I think.).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Butterflies look really sweet....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking to the butterfly pattern. I've got an idea for a butterfly garland growing in my mind.
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your outfit and I love your butterfly pattern - hope you tame them soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...so pretty, love the butterflies! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... maybe you need a butterfly net?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work. I've made these butterflies before, minus the outer trim as you did - it is lovely how you added that detail. Instead I used a pipe cleaner as the body and antenna. I used mine as fridge magnets. Just so you know, if you turn them upside down and use a small clothes pin (the kind without the spring) they make AMAZING angels for ornaments and gift tags!! I made gold ones and silver ones using embroidery thread. I used matching gold/silver pipe cleaners as the halos. This makes me want to break out my crochet needle again ~ holidays are coming soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails