Thursday, May 28, 2015

Put a Pompom on it.....

 Even though the colours I use may look as though I have blindly chosen them from a bag full of yarn, I am actually very fussy about my choices. And if I get a 'not quite right' combination, it can drive me up the wall. I found my self in this situation last night, feeling that the red was a bit too sharp for the blanket. After a while of humphing, I decided that rather than tear back all of the rounds until I reached the 'splinter', I would soften it by working over the 2 rounds with a pale green pompom trim (from here-although I slightly modified the pattern so that it would sit flat).
I am sooooo happy with it and now feel that I should do a few more pompom rounds. It kind of reminds me of a chenille bedspread. It makes me wonder what other mistakes in my life I can cover with pompoms....
Lots of love,
Kate. xxooxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails