Monday, July 29, 2013

A Farewell to School Holidays...

Goodness me! I am writing this post this morning after putting the boys on the school bus and having a frantic 1 hour's clean up of the house. It is amazing how much you can achieve without answering questions, opening lids and refereeing fights.... amazing.
We had a wonderful, busyish, relaxingish holiday with a week spent at my in-laws' bach (NZ term for holiday house) at the beach. Jonno was calving so it was just the boys and myself, but with a couple of days spent with the grandparents too! If my grammar is appalling right now it is because my brain has now turned to post-holiday mush. And it feels sooo good!
 While we were away, I finished crocheting this footstool cover. Unfortunately, without taking the footstool with me, I made a little too long. So much work went into it that I am now thinking I might have another box made to the crochet cover dimensions and recrochet a cover for the original which one of the boys can have in their room.

 Jonno came up to visit us for a night and gathered a wild boquet for me from the beach.  
 I am still a little addicted to sparkley wool - at the moment I am finishing a cowl that was ordered from the sale. It is such a pleasure.
 And as for other news, this magazine arrived in the mail the other day.
With a lovely little paragraph about me! By the way, I didn't do the highlighting - it was printed like that...
Lots and lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stool is really nice the colours are very nice, You have made a good job of it.Loving the blue wool, its very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the crochet cover, very cute! Mag looks exciting too, I will have to see whether I can get one in town. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your footstool, the colours are amazing! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. However lovely school holidays are, it is even lovelier to have space to think in again! Well done with the magazine! Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant... How lovely to see your work in print

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your magazine article!

    We are just starting our school holidays here in the UK and are enjoying them immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your stool cover - and congratulations how exciting to become a magazine star x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! The footstool cover is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! and love the cover :) So wish I was able to purchase some of your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow how exciting for you. That is so cool to be mentioned in a magazine. Next time I'm in a knitting store I'll look for the magazine. I love to have the magazines that mentioned people "I know" it makes me feel closer to them :) congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can give your stool some feet to raise it off the ground, or replace with bigger ones if it already has feet

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails