Saturday, January 24, 2009

10 Minute Bag


It feels like an old friend is reaching out to take my hand as I venture back into the world of sewing. I burnt out after stitching 789kms a few years ago and felt head-achy every time I even glanced in the direction of the sewing machine. And then one day like a new Spring, I walked by the sewing table and instead felt little shoots of green, grassy hope pulling me towards new possibilities.
And so tonight I whipped up a 10 minute bag. I began with a big rectangle of sample fabric that my brother's girlfriend gave me. It was already over-locked so I hemmed the top with bias binding, folded it in half and stitched it on two sides and then added some webbing tape (ribbon stuff) for handles. It took less time than this post........

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails