Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Steady Rain and Gluten-Free Biscuits

Here is the teacup in which I store hope, peace, quiet and a hint of caffeine.

Finally some sewing has happened, writing paper folders for the children's teachers - please avert your eyes if you are one of them. I am still in the process of finishing the writing paper.

And the chooks.... I caught them discussing the day they scratched over all of my heirloom seeds when they innocently sprouted like little time capsules encountering their given moment in the future.

Another quiet day at home today. Jonno has recovered well but is still looking a little gaunt, thankfully his sense of humour is bouncing again, he puts up with me so grown-uply when it is intact. Archie however, had a very unsettled night with a sore throat and aching body and stayed home for the day. Hugo had pre-school so Archie and I huddled inside while the steady rain pattered companionably against the windows.
I had lots of Christmas sewing to catch up on and Archie snuggled on a neighbouring chair, listening to a children's podcast. Very 1940's-style comfort. We even had gluten-free vanilla, muscovado biscuits baking in the background. Quite Christmassy when I think about it.... I might just leave it at that.
Here is the recipe:
Gluten-Free Vanilla and Muscovado Biscuits

185 grams softened butter
1 cup muscovdo sugar
1.5 cups tapioca flour
1 cup brown rice flour
2 small eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice

Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Mix all ingredients in processor than refrigerate as it is quite a sticky mixture. When stiffened, shape and cut as desired (do I hear anybody wincing). Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails